headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Motivation- World Marathon Championships Video


GRM 2011 - Chasing the Rainbow from pedalidimarca on Vimeo.


This is pure Eurotrash motivation- and I love it.

Mountain Bike World Marathon Championships are this weekend in Montebelluno, Italy, and this video featuring the Italian marathon team highlights the region and some of the luminaries of Italian cycling. 

Two time Olympic Champion Paola Pezzo makes a cameo about halfway through, as do former World Champion Hubert Pallhuber, Italian National 'Cross Champ Enrico Franzoi, retired World Cup stalwart Marco Bui and some ridiculously attractive young Italian woman in a rainbow jersey whom I've never seen before.


Four time World Champion Julien Absalon will take his first ever Marathon Worlds start, and will toe the start line against perennial marathon contenders Alban Lakata, Christoph Sauser, Thomas Dietsch and Urs Huber.  Former XCO World Cup Leader and 29er advocate Jaroslav Kulhavy will also be present in spite of some severe facial injuries suffered in a training crash earlier this month.  

At this point I'm mostly recovered from the very draining Pat's Peak race and some subsequent work travel complications.  If everything goes according to plan I should have some updated content posted within the next week.  I also got my camera back so I can take pictures again.

It's pouring at the moment, but if it lets up I might climb the Camel's Hump access road or Bolton tonight after work.  If not, then it'll be the rollers in the basement in June, and if that happens I'll need to watch this video again and slam a Red Bull to psyched up before I attempt to stay focused on the hampster wheel.

Actually I'll probably watch this video again and slam a Red Bull even if I do get to ride outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment