headline

Training, racing, gear, facial hair styles and thoughts from my push to become an elite cyclist.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Foliage Mileage



September and October are my favorite months to ride in Vermont. The weather is cool, the scenery is amazing and it’s all somehow sweeter because I know that winter will soon arrive.

In a previous post I mentioned my aggressive training plan to ramp up for cyclocross. I’ve had an up-and-down week with a couple of great long rides, a tough mid-week training race in the pouring rain and a cold.

Fortunately I was able to “rest aggressively” and rebound with only missing one day of training. It was a subtle reminder that I’m not bulletproof and I need to be very careful to stay healthy. As I ramp up the miles I need to make that rest and proper nutrition are part of the program as well.

Here’s a picture of my road bike in fall training livery. The tape is low maintenance black at the moment, and it will probably stay that way through the winter. I’ll post more details on this bike in the future, but for now this is a look at my primary training tool, my Powertap-equipped Moots Custom Compact.



No comments:

Post a Comment